Data Science Lead
Join an exciting journey! We are looking for an exceptional Head of Data Science who will be able to draw upon experience, curiosity, passion and innovation to transform and lead a data team and to ensure that FISCAL has the best in class data science capability.
FISCAL Technologies provides world-class accounts payable forensics software, our fast-growing SaaS cloud solutions protect spend, cut costs and reduce risk. We turn ideas into innovative software solutions that solve complex enterprise-scale challenges, and ultimately help to protect over £1.3 trillion of spend around the world.
As a Head of Data Science, you will be a key contributor to delivering successfully on the FISCAL data vision by providing the data insights which will drive product improvement and operational efficiencies throughout the Company. Leading a small team of two data analysts, you will develop the existing in-house talent to high levels of proficiency in modern data science / AI models, techniques, tools and processes with expertise to deliver outstanding team results.
What you will be doing…
- Define the FISCAL data science/ AI strategy and focus the team and company around it.
- Be the voice of data on behalf of FISCAL – be evangelical about the robust processes that you’ll put in place and the approaches that you’ll take. Be prepared to help our customers and internal teams understand why your approach is the best approach.
- Have a clear roadmap of delivery, aligned to our product goals and available resources, and facilitate the productization of successful models by collaborating with the FISCAL software development and IT / DevOps teams.
- Work closely with the Product and Development teams to find data led solutions to our customers problems that enhance our proposition and can be delivered into the market.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the company to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to support enhanced business operations such as Sales / Marketing initiatives.
- Ensure that you and your team are constantly challenging current models / solutions to see where step changes or marginal gains can be made to the advantage of our customers:
- Developing and enhancing data collection procedures to maximise efficiency and effectiveness while maintaining the required FISCAL information security posture.
- Ensuring the processing, cleansing and integrity verification of the data is appropriate for the intended analysis.
- Using AI machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce predictive models and other solutions to customer and company problems.
- Lead and develop the team to meet Company goals with increasing effectiveness by sharing knowledge and continuously promoting self-development.
We are looking for someone with…
- Academic background in a data intensive subject such as data science, mathematics, statistics, physics or computer science
- 5+ years working in an environment where data science was a core part of the business
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Hands-on expertise in data science tools including:
- Python and/or R programming languages
- TensorFlow or similar AI modelling tool
- Power BI or similar data visualisation tool
- Microsoft SQL Server
- 2+ years in a team leading or line management role
What gives you an edge…
- Communication: being clear, consistent, confident and visible
- Technical understanding: self-sufficiency and credibility with team, stakeholders and technical partners
- Comfort with data: supporting creativity in identifying trends, insights and opportunities for improvement
- AI modelling: selecting/applying the appropriate AI modelling for the specific use-case under consideration
- Empathy: demonstrated by building trusting and collaborative partnerships
Need any more reasons to work with us?
It’s an exciting time to join FISCAL as we are expanding which will give you an opportunity to stand out and grow with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Fiscal is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
- A flexible working policy, FTE 37.5 hours
- 20 days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Holiday buy & sell scheme
- £500 per annum Well-being Allowance, including Perkbox
- Employer pension contribution and life assurance
- Free hot/cold drinks, fruit and snacks
- An inclusive employee recognition scheme with monthly gift voucher prizes
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme