Senior Infrastructure Engineer
We are seeking an ambitious Senior Infrastructure Engineer to provide management and delivery of the Azure SaaS application working as part of a small support team. The role will deliver a full spectrum of IT and Infrastructure services to our UK and US based businesses for our internal team of 70 staff.
We build best-in-class SaaS software to protect organisational spend at over 250 clients across the globe using Microsoft Azure to provide our SaaS application and are a Microsoft Gold Partner.
What you will be doing…
- Support and day-to-day management of external hosting infrastructure for provision of our SaaS application on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Building out and maintaining mechanisms to monitor cloud hosted environments
- Daily support of a full spectrum internal IT support function for our business teams. Support covers hardware, software, networks, applications and web-based services including responding to internal staff support requests and meeting SLA
- Procure, build, maintain and support PCs, Laptops, and Servers to support the activities of the business and including asset management, moves, additions and changes
- Our IT and Infrastructure includes: Azure, Workstations (Windows 10), Servers, physical and virtual (Server 2012 R2 and above), IP Networking and a variety of business applications including: MS AD Domain, Office 365, Azure AD and IaaS/PaaS.
- Escalation of business critical or service impacting issues to Head of IT
- Work to ISO 27001 information security standards and GDPR
- Out-of-hours support one week a month during evenings and weekends
We are looking for someone with…
- Demonstrable experience of deploying, configuring and administering cloud services on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Demonstrable experience of deploying, configuring and administering Windows virtual machines
- Technical experience and skill in breadth and depth relating to IT infrastructure components
- Strong problem-solving skills, who thinks creatively but applies rigour
- A passion for automation and scripting with a good working knowledge of PowerShell
- Understanding of networking including, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and Firewalls
- Experience of administering Office365, Microsoft Teams and Active Directory
- Great communication and team skills, who enjoys collaboration
- A conscientious and dedicated attitude, who is keen to learn new skills
What gives you an edge…
- A passion for delivering great service to users and other stakeholders
- Knowledge/experience of ‘infrastructure as code’ principles
- Exposure to an ISO 27001 working environment
- Knowledge of one or more of Microsoft SQL administration, Salesforce and SharePoint
- Experience working in Agile and/or DevOps environments
Need any more reasons to work with us?
It’s an exciting time to join FISCAL as we are expanding which will give you an opportunity to stand out and grow with us.
Established in 2003 and operating in the ‘Fintech’ space, FISCAL has approximately 70 employees, it is an environment where you will have an opportunity to make a big difference. We work hard but have a good time too!
We give back by supporting our chosen charity of the year and hold lots of fun events for employees to take part in. The company has been an award recipient multiple times for being a great place to work and we’re proud to hold a Queen’s award for innovation.
- A flexible working policy, FTE 37.5 hours
- 20 days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Holiday buy & sell scheme
- £500 per annum Well-being Allowance, including Perkbox
- Employer pension contribution and life assurance
- Free hot/cold drinks, fruit and snacks
- An inclusive employee recognition scheme with monthly gift voucher prizes
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme