Junior Product Owner
We’re a fast-growing technology company that’s continuing to expand its 1st class engineering team. In this pivotal role, you’ll be doing more than just helping to define the vision for our products. We are proud recipients of a government grant for exploring the use of AI to protect spend within the NHS, and you’ll be helping our Data Science team manage their backlog, gather requirements and feedback, and communicate progress within this project. You’ll also contribute to the software delivery cycle for our core product, assisting with work on rapid prototypes, using customer validation to help define backlogs, crafting user stories and ensuring a level of quality via your acceptance criteria.
What you’ll be doing…
- Ensure all user stories are captured, created and maintained in the product backlog, written in the agile user story format with relevant support documentation and clearly defined acceptance criteria for each story.
- Assist with the product journey backlog; create and communicate the roadmap in terms of both value/business benefits and deliveries.
- Become the subject matter expert for your projects/journeys, ensuring you understand and have input into upstream activity that will impact the roadmap.
- Actively look at customer and market trends to think about “what’s next” to innovate and be best-in-class in the UK, Europe and US markets.
- Support the release to market, including training and guidance on new features.
- Follow our competitors and the industry trends.
We are looking for someone with…
- Knowledge of Agile principles and product lifecycle.
- Experience of using work management tools such as AHA! or Azure DevOps.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical requirements and features.
- Experience planning and prioritising large volumes of work.
- A passion for technology and solving problems.
What gives you an edge…
- Experience working as a Product Owner in a software company.
- Experience with project management or business analytics.
- Focus on “Value” creation, with a commitment to completing team and individual goals and meeting delivery deadlines.
- Knowledge of AI/ML projects.
- Hardworking, dedicated and conscientious.
- Be able to work effectively with individuals both inside and outside of the team.
- Be quality driven, taking pride in your work and others’.
Need any more reasons to work with us?
It’s an exciting time to join FISCAL Technologies as we are expanding, which will give you an opportunity to stand out and grow with us.
Established in 2003 and operating in the Fintech space, FISCAL has approximately 50 employees, it is an environment where you will have an opportunity to make a big difference; we work hard but have a good time too!
We give back by supporting our chosen charity of the year and hold lots of fun events for employees to take part in. The company has been an award recipient multiple times for being a great place to work and we’re proud to hold a Queen’s Award for innovation.
- A flexible working policy, FTE 37.5 hours
- 20 days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Holiday buy & sell scheme
- £500 per annum Wellbeing Allowance, including Perkbox
- Employer pension contribution and life assurance
- Free hot/cold drinks, fruit and snacks
- An inclusive employee recognition scheme with monthly gift voucher prizes
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme